Eco-Friendly Document Disposal Will Save The Environment And Your Business

Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:35 am, Posted by Absolute Destruction

The current environmental conditions emphasize the need for businesses to reconsider how they dispose of their paper documents. Each business has to adopt innovative waste management policies to reduce the negative impact they have on the environment. Even the smallest of companies have a responsibility to help keep Canada’s water, land, and air clean. To help do your part, you can hire one of our professional teams for all of your document shredding and recycling needs.

The facts about waste management suggest an ominous future, as the lack of recycling systems has a tremendously negative impact on our environment. According to Statistics Canada, in 2002, Canadian businesses and governments disposed of 31 million tonnes of waste from municipalities and businesses. Of that waste, only 20% was recycled, while the remaining 80% was diverted to landfills. The amount diverted to landfills was responsible for 38% of the total methane emissions for the country.

A percentage that high is alarming, especially when you know the majority of your business’ waste consists of paper – something that can be easily recycled. If the average office recycled one ton of documents each year, over 17 trees, 463 gallons of oil, and 7,000 gallons of water would be saved. If every business across the country adopted these eco-friendly practices (that include document shredding and proper recycling), we could reduce the amount of waste finding its way into landfills. More importantly, businesses can have a significant impact in Canada’s fight against pollution.

Of course, improving the environment isn’t the only benefit to entrusting your shredding to us. As the Government of Canada continues to ratify bills that protect its citizens’ privacy, laws are making it your corporate duty to dispose of sensitive information in the safest way possible. Any company that violates these regulations can see legal repercussions, hefty fines, and damage to its reputation. Improperly disposing files that record private client information can put your business at risk should they ever find their way into the wrong hands.

By using our NAID-backed services, you can guarantee the secure disposal of all of your confidential materials. As a member of the National Association for Information Destruction, our staff is comprised of highly trained, licensed professionals who follow global security standards. Our mobile shredding trucks can completely dispose of your documents in a quick and efficient manner, upon which we’ll issue a “Certificate of Destruction” that ensures the proper handling of your information. Moreover, a “Guarantee of Recycling” will certify that your business is doing its part to lessen its impact on the environment.

Whether you choose a one-time purge or a weekly scheduled shredding, our company can complement our “Guarantee of Recycling” with a comprehensive recycling service. In addition to the secure receptacles that will store your documents until we can shred them, we’ll also provide your company with recycling containers for which to collect cardboard, pop cans, glass bottles, and unrestricted paper of all grades – free of charge! That’s because we want to provide you with all of the tools necessary to ensure your business is as green as it can be.

The environmental proof is in our numbers. In 2009 alone, our mobile shredding services proudly managed to save over 11,000 trees, 4.5 million gallons of water, and 1,600 cubic yards of landfill space. When you schedule our document disposal and recycling services, you can help us surpass these numbers and help to preserve the finite resources our country has to offer. With the added bonus of legal security against breaches, there’s no reason not to arrange our services for your business.

© 2018 Absolute Destruction. All rights Reserved.